Parent Voices connects parents via a blog site and social media presence to provide resources, communication and personal interaction on an ongoing basis.
Parent Voices supports an inclusive and positive community providing support, feedback and a collective voice for parents as they advocate for their children.
Goals and areas of focus include:
- Secondary (High School)
- Post Secondary (After High School)
- Discovering interests
- Exploring possibilities
- Options outside of fishing
- Internships and apprenticing
- Expectations vs. Realities
Health and Well Being:
- Resources for non-insured families, i.e. prescriptions, eyeglasses, etc.
- Counseling, discussion, and support surrounding rape, mental illness, cancer, substance abuse, sexuality
- Effective ways to talk about hard issues with your children
- Pressures of social media
- Support of sexuality education at home
- Discovery and understanding what your child engages in on the internet
- Obsession and addiction to video games
- Earnings and understanding people’s financial realities
- How to have a strong informed voice in your child’s education and general well being
- Effective communication
- Outside support at meetings
- Bonding as parents on issues