In making a blog for parents, Parent Voices also strives for a blog by parents. Lend your voice, offer your knowledge and share your experiences.
Not confident in writing or wish to remain anonymous? That’s OK. We can help share your ideas for providing ongoing resources, support, and communication between parents.
You can also contact us for assistance with your ideas, writing or editing.
Areas of focus may include, but are not limited to:
- Secondary (High School)
- Post Secondary (After High School)
- Discovering interests
- Exploring possibilities
- Options outside of fishing
- Internships and apprenticing
- Expectations vs. Realities
Health and Well Being:
- Resources for non-insured families, i.e. prescriptions, eyeglasses, etc.
- Counseling, discussion, and support surrounding rape, mental illness, cancer, substance abuse, sexuality
- Effective ways to talk about hard issues with your children
- Pressures of social media
- Support of sexuality education at home
- Discovery and understanding of what your child engages in on the internet
- Obsession and addiction to video games
- Earnings and understanding people’s financial realities
- How to have a strong informed voice in your child’s education and general well being
- Effective group communication
- Outside resources and support
- Bonding as parents on issues